My Headlines

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Live at Mix07

by Don Burnett

Great Shades of Elvis, I am going to Mix

I just wanted to make a post to let everyone know who reads this blog that I will be at Mix 07. I'd like to thank all who have helped me to make this trip possible, because of personal circumstance, I don't get to travel very often. I really appreciate all the help and assistance from everyone involved, thank you. I am very much looking forward to mixing it up, and meeting all those people involved with the great technologies. I am also looking forward to meeting those that write about them too.

There are two things I am looking very much forward to in the agenda. There were over 120 sessions to choose from. All are great and were VERY tough choices. Each track offers something for everyone. One of the most exciting sessions I am looking forward to is integrating asp.net/Ajax and Silverlight. My hope for ASP.NET 4.0 was to have the asp.net server controls render out to both xaml as well as HTML so it could be passed right to the Silverlight plug-in.

The other session I am looking forward to is called "Great User Experiences for Ad-Supported Content" and one of the panel members is David Watson, a great guy that I worked with long ago at a company called Media Station, who is now with ABC. The thing that totally amazes me about this event is the number of high value content presenters that will be there in every session. It is definitely a hit, and I hope it continues for many more years to come.

I will be reporting during the conference some,  but mostly after the conference. I am hoping to get some in-depth time with a couple of product team members and really corner some folks about general product direction. I also hope to have a lot of fun getting to know people and making some new friends for the future. If you will be at Mix and want to meet me my cel # is 734-223-9171. It's best to TEXT message me, as my cel doesn't always work great when there is spotty coverage. I'll also try to be on MSN Messenger during the conference (don@donburnett.com is my IM ID).

Keep an eye on the blog from Sunday through Wednesday if there are any "WOW" events, I'll definitely post them..

Neatware

I am always very excited when companies find new ways to take advantage of the GPU for rendering. This is one that I didn't hear about from NAB coverage but I think we should have. There is a great new video player out there by a company called Neatware that has a new product that takes advantage of the GPU. It's called LadyBug Professional and it looks like this...

So what's it good for,  is a real-time multi-channel digital video mixer with programmable effects. It supports HD videos, customization, and international languages. It is suitable for Home Video Network, Digital Signage, and Surveillance applications.

Quoting their website:

"Playing vivid videos, showing stunning visual effects and super high resolution pictures, Ladybug Player Vista is suitable for many applications such as video remix, digital signage, and home video network." There is a one hundred use download trial on their site. I am really impressed with the quality and capabilities of this player. It really shows off Windows Vista's new media capabilites well. The product's the video engine allows multiple video streams to flow into a multithread pipeline for each channel. Each pipeline applied video splitter and decoders to split video and audio streams and further uncompress media streams. Each decorded video streams are rendered and mixed in the GPU through a programmable shader. Thereafter, the final result is sent to frame buffer of the graphics card to display.

 

 

I really recommend you check this out as it provides a lot of options and has some major implications for multimedia playback.

1 comment:

CharlieCL said...

Don thanks for your recommend.

We have renamed the software as Ladybug Mixer Vn. Now the V8 is available that can run 8 video channels in parallel. Another amazing is that LMVn can process 4096x4096 (16MPixel) JPEG photos in the DX10 class graphics cards.

Charlie
Neatware