My Headlines

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Windows Live Goes Live!

By Don Burnett

liveinstaller

Windows Live Installer Gets Redemption! 

This is the much improved Windows Live Installer.. Have NO FEAR, it works great.. Well I was very critical of the first Windows Live installer and it's distaste for 64-bit systems. The final version however is FABULOUS and all those 64-bit woes are gone..  I must say I am very impressed.. I got a new versions of Windows Live Messenger, which has some great new features. It also installed Windows Live Mail which is a new mail client supports multiple accounts on different servers including web based Hotmail. The Windows Live Photo Gallery has many improvements over the Vista Photo Gallery including publishing photos to many services including Flickr, MSN SoapBox, and MSN Live Spaces. Another nice feature is you can open your photo in any installed imaging application you have and select from any of them.


Windows Live Writer is seeing some improvements too, in formatting, media insertion. My favorite feature and most bloggers will like is the Split Post option..Is this really worth your time to download? If you Blog you probably can't do without Windows Live Writer it's really a great lightweight performing application.

The new photo gallery makes sharing your pictures much easier and Windows Live Mail, well it's so nice I'd probably buy it alone, it makes the need for a business mail client like Outlook a lot less of a requirement.. As far as Windows Live Toolbar I am not so much a fan of toolbars (I kind of wish this was a ribbon not a toolbar, but maybe that's too much to ask for..).

 

No comments: