My Headlines

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Mac Users don't just switch from Windows..

by Don Burnett

I found this amusing post by Nik Cubrilovic of OmniDrive. I have also seen his writing at TechCrunch.. Apparently back in May he made the "SWITCH" but not the way the marketing folks have you programmed to think. His Mac crashed and he couldn't get back the partition, so he made the switch to Windows Vista. This is a comment from his blog...

Nik Cubrilovic:

"I didn’t expect it to be like this, I didn’t want Vista to be this good - I was expecting to boot back into OS X and living happily ever after, but damn, this is one fast, slick and nice operating system. If you are a Mac user try it yourself, install boot camp and Vista and it will feel like you just added another CPU and doubled your RAM - I can’t see any evidence for any of the reports of Vista being slow or power-hungry.

Some surprises I have had since running Vista: the first was when I ran Media Center (which has been updated with a new interface and with new features) it detected the Xbox 360 and the other Media Center on the network - making it easy to stream and share music and video content. Media Center is also a much nicer and richer experience than Frontrow. The default security model is much better than what it was. As somebody who has published over a dozen security vulnerabilities for Windows I can see how the new security initiatives within Microsoft that started 4-5 years ago have really taken hold in every part of the operating system and applications - IE has gone from being a hacked up toy to a serious browser that keeps users safe from themselves. "

Another happy Vista user running on Apple Hardware..

No comments: