My Headlines

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cool WPF Twitter Messaging Application

by Don Burnett

Because of all of the time spent instant messaging, my favorite form of messaging is quickly becoming Twitter. All of my friends who I actually take time to correspond with are on it, and it has gotten a lot attention and there has been multiple clients for it. I think my favorite WPF twitter application is called Witty by Alan Le. I got to spend sometime with Alan at Mix 07 at the lunch table. He's very talented and an authority on WPF, he told us all about his experiences developing Vertigo's Family.Show Application, he is a developer with great insight and is very enjoyable to listen to..

Witty makes Twitter Wonderful..

Here's an example of the public timeline and the update function.. I recommend if you "TWEET" you check this one out.. If you don't know what a TWEET is, it's time you catch up! It's quickly become more than "jargon"..

WittyTwitter

If you wonder how this works you can look at the source code here... This is pretty much like the application I had started in Expression Blend a few months ago, but more supportable. So please check it out! Alan Le has done a wonderful job with the app, and it's a great example of WPF "R-I-A" coding. It's fast, and I like how it separates direct message replies.

Sure I could probably use something else, but I think it's cool looks smart and it is a Windows platform app and seems to be taking less of my system resources than other clients I have tried. I like Alan's work tremendously.

Tag.. Your It! ..More Goodness from Alan

If you have a data enabled WPF application, you might have a reason to create and TAG data in your application. Alan has not only created such a sample application but blogged about it and made the source code available for you to look at how it's done..

RichTextBox in WPF MIA?? No longer

To say that Alan Le is not a busy man is an understatement, in a really great article on his blog about Commands in WPF he has also released an enhanced RichTextBox based on the original WPF SDK sample and extended it nicely. It can be found here... If you are not subscribed to Alan's Blog you should be..

No comments: