My Headlines

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Several Things of Note..

By Don Burnett

 

Mono on the iPhone, compiling C#  can Moonlight 1.0 or 2.0 be that far behind or even Silverlight for that matter (no Microsoft hasn't announced anything).. This is speculation.. But this rocks, .NET apps on the iPhone..

 

courtesy of Miguel De Icaza's Blog and Luke Howard from PADL Software Ltd

 

Videos on YouTube of this..

More.

 

This is cool, I really hope Microsoft enters the iPhone game with this too.. My battle cry, ".NET EVERYWHERE"... WHOOO!

...and this one falls into the category MORE SPECULATION

Quoting JD's Blog:

"Realworld HD H.264 support

Realworld HD H.264 support: In March, 4500 consumers were tested for viewing different types of media files. 2780 of them had already installed Adobe Flash Player 9.0.115. That's 62% of today's computers, supporting no-hassle high definition playback of H.264 video. Considering this browser plugin was released in December, and the audit was conducted in March, then it's an easy choice for realworld use today..."

I guess I am one of those people, but when I tried to watch "Brothers and Sisters" on ABC.com and it was far from no hassle in high def and my machine is a supported configuration.. It didn't work properly on their high def content, and I have great connectivity. 

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW

My other question to JD is: How can 62% of 4500 people actually a representative sample.. Personally I am just a little (well OKAY A LOT) confused about what he's saying here.. Care to clarify for us? Am I reading this wrong? More than one person I know read this and is asking the same question.. You said this is "Realworld" so I am asking. JD by the way has a great blog and normally publishes great information..

I know JD reads my blog, so maybe he'll get more specific and reply here..

 

No comments: