My Headlines

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cool Silverlight Site Spins Up in France...

By Don Burnett

 

Over at Microsoft France to promote their TechDays event, they had Brainsonic a great Rich Media production specialty company to come up with a great Silverlight site to promote their TechDays event. This is a really neat site because it uses not just Silverlight video, but some of the functionality we have seen in video demos for Microsoft Surface.. 

 Techdays

You should check out the site as it's a very innovative user interface and is a pretty incredible site and very informative with a lot of organic UI appeal. Scalable pictures and documents.

techdays2

Here is the great searchable schedule page...

 

techdays3

 

4 comments:

Lynn Marentette said...

Don,

Thanks for the link to the Microsoft France website. I've been playing around with WPF/Expression Blend and Silverlight, because I'm working on some projects for interactive applications that would work nicely on interactive whiteboards and touch screen displays. (I'm a school psychologist who works with students with special needs - I'm also a computer/tech student.)

By the way, I used to live in Michigan- I went to U of M.

Don Burnett said...

If you think a link to source code to do the scaling and movement would be helpful let me know. I know where you can find the original xaml projects for scaling and moving of movies (the surface style stuff).

Lynn Marentette said...

Don- the source code would be great!

So far, I've been working with the "Silverlight Surface" sample application that sizes and rotates photos. I assume the source code would be similar for video.

I have photos and video clips of the students going on community field trips to visit the library, the supermarket.

I'd also like to add a text-to-speech component to my application. This would allow me to use the application to support literacy skills. It would also provide teachers (and parents) a tool to create digital social stories for some of the students who have autism.

I haven't tried to access text-to-speech in WPF, so if you have any information about this, please let me know!

FYI:
Here's a couple of links to my blog posts (photo and videoclips) about my projects I worked for a couple of classes last year, before Surface was announced:

First attempt at a touch-screen "Poetry Picture Share" application

Google Earth with photo-overlays on a touch screen


It would be nice to get my hands on a Surface for research.

Szymon said...

Hi Don,
I would be interested in the code for scalling/movement in WPF that you mentioned. Thanks in advance.

-Szymon