My Headlines

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Feel the Power of Silverlight Custom Controls

by Don Burnett

Well it's finally happening the dam is starting to burst and we are starting to see a whole bunch of new incredible things including 3rd party Silverlight Custom Controls.

If you want to start making these controls yourself. I think many people will want to (if not just to fill in holes still in the Alpha of 1.1, remember folks it's Alpha and still under developement).  Run don't walk, over to Scott's Blog and read the article and check out how to make controls for yourself.

It should be noted he plans an entry on going from AdobeFlex to Silverlight later in the week. Scott's blog rocks and you should definitely make it part of required reading.

Something interesting he mentions in his Blog:

"I'm not kidding, with enough time I think I could easily code-port the framework into Silverlight (given Adobe Flex soon will be open source - it may even be legal! hehe)."

Go Scott! We designers would love to see Flex inside Silverlight.. I am not sure that's what Adobe had in mind with Open Sourcing but hey I am all FOR technology integration that benefits the users. Wonder what Ryan Stewart thinks about all of this..

I think that this is well worth your time and his example on creating Video Thumbnails is quite cool.

 

 

 

No comments: